Holland Energy Park Groundbreaking
The greater Holland community took a big step into its energy future this spring with a groundbreaking ceremony that celebrated the commencement of major construction on the Holland Energy Park.
When it goes fully operational early in 2017 the $225-million Holland Energy Park will showcase a variety of environmental and aesthetic considerations that include:
- A bold, modern building design that creates an attractive eastern gateway to the city
- A 50 percent reduction in carbon emissions and the virtual elimination of solid particle pollutants
- Double the fuel efficiency of Holland’s present power generation
- The development of open, public space that will integrate with the Macatawa Greenway trail system.
- An expansion on Holland’s innovative snowmelt system and, potentially, district heating
- The facility will use the latest combined-cycle natural gas generating technology to produce up to 145 megawatts of power to meet the needs of a growing community.